Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Birthday Sundaes #17

I'm not really sure I like the card I made this week for Birthday Sundaes. The challenge is to create a birthday card using the colors orange, green and white.  The DT had some great inspiration. I just wasn't sure what to do for this one. It was the colors that got to me!!! I picked up Holiday Cakes cartridge at Hobby Lobby this past Saturday on clearance. No, I don't have a cake machine and never will, but I really wanted this cart. I just had to use something from it to make my card. I flipped through the booklet several times trying to decide what to use. I finally settled for the flower on page 34. The sentiment is from Fiskars-Make a Wish Quotes stamp set. The inside sentiment is a wooden stamp. The punch I used for the white piece is scallop scallop. After I popped the sentiment piece on, I felt it was missing something. To much space on each side that just didn't look right. Buttons worked to fill up these spots. I used some 'memory thread' in the buttons. I think I'm gonna like this stuff. The bg papers except for the white are from Sassafras-Bungle Jungle. Ya'll have until Saturday to link up a card. Don't forget to include birthday wording on the front of your card. Hope ya'll like mine!!! :)

8 comments:

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Well...I think it's a great card, very bright and cheerful! I love those cute little buttons and I really LOVE memory thread, such cool stuff! I think maybe you are over-thinking your card...it really is a great card, so stop stressing and enjoy :0)

girlia said...

Sharon I love the sentiment of this card. Great job

Scrapper69 said...

This turned out really cute Sharon! I've nver used Memory Thread... Hummmm I guess I better go shopping! LOL The buttons are adorable and the card is great! :o)

Sherrie K. said...

Super pretty card. I LOVE the polka dot buttons:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Tracey said...

Sharon your card looks great! The layering of these colors looks really pretty.....love the buttons.
ps.I had a real challenge with this color combo too:)

Thanks 4 joining us at Birthday Sundaes!

MyCuriousCrafts said...

Hi Sharon, what an adorable card, very nicely done. Great job! I am now a follower. ~Shen

Vivi Martínez said...

I know I am kind of late commenting this card but I needed to let you know I really like it! Love that BG paper!
It was a real challenge for me too to make something out of those colors, although I really like how they look together, but you know how is it when you just don´t know how to follow directions (lol)
Anyway, love your card and love to see you playing with us every week at Birthday Sundaes.
Hugs,
Vivi

Kristie W. said...

Wonderful take on the color challenge! I love the flower cut you used and the sentiment! Thanks for playing along with my Birthday Sundaes challenge!