Thursday, April 25, 2013

Purse card and box

Morning everyone!!! I have a couple of projects that I made that I want to share with you. I bought a Silhouette Cameo and am learning how to use it. I needed a card for our great granddaughter's first birthday this weekend. My friend Janis had made this adorable purse card and I knew I just had to buy that file and make one. Our granddaughter's party theme is owls, so I used the cute paper from K & Company. I found this adorable princess purse in the Silhouette store and just had to get it and make it for her, too. I really love that it cuts everything you need to make your project. Each piece is just the right size, etc. The box was so easy to put together. I finished the card and box with a Sassafras flower and some Studio G Gems. The ribbon on the purse box is some crinkle ribbon that I died. The inside of the purse card says Happy Birthday. I just couldn't get a good picture.
Now, don't think that I am giving up my Cricut, because I'm not!!! I so love my Expression and Expression 2 and I could never do without my Gypsy Girl!!!! The Cameo is just another tool to enhance some of my crafting. Hope ya'll like my purse card and purse box!!!! I can't wait to see how our great grand likes them!  :)

The front of the box. I added some acetate to the window.
 
The back of the box

5 comments:

Nana said...

Fabulous projects Sharon. I'm a newbie to the Cameo too. I've had mine a little over a month.

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Sherrie K. said...

Oooh, how sweet! Your Granddaughter will love it! Great cut file and congrats on the CAMEO! Your gonna love it the more you used it! Janis does a fantastic job with her video's! They have been very helpful!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Nana Donna said...

Congrats on your great-granddaughter's bday, I know how exciting that is as my great-granddaughter just turned 2 in February. I love love your purse card, the paper is adorable. I know you wil love love love your Cameo, I got one last Summer and love it and the more I work with it the more I love it.
Hugs
D

~ Jo ~ said...

aww these are just lovely... so adorable and I am sure your grand baby will love these! Great job Sharon!

Hugs,
Jo
xox

Pam said...

How adorable! I hope your great granddaughter has a wonderful birthday! If she is like most little girls she is going to LOVE that darling little purse!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com