Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cricut Cardz Challenge #114-"Critter Cuties"

Mary posted a new challenge last Wednesday for the Cricut Cardz Challenge. She wants a card using a 'critter' from any cartridge(s), and using any colors or theme you'd like. Okay, I thought. This should be really easy. Well, the thought was easy, but decided what 'critter' to use wasn't!!! I finally decided to go 'kitty', like in Hello Kitty. I used the Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge and cut the Cheerleader Kitty on page 59. I cut her at 4 inches. Two of our granddaughters are cheering again this year so I made of these cards. I decided to go more simple with these. I wanted mats behind Hello Kitty so I cut the shift oblong Dots One on page 34 of the Elegant Edges cartridge. The red one is 5.5 inches, the blue 4.5 inches and the sentiment piece on the inside at 3.5 inches. I added some gemstones from the Paper Studio(Hobby Lobby), and did some doodling with my white gel pen. Then since Hello Kitty is a cheerleader, she just had to be able to move, so I put her on an action wobble!!! The only thing different about my two cards is that I turned the mats on the other one the other way. Had to make a little bit of difference in them. I really think the granddaughter's are gonna love their card!! Hope y'all like it!!! :)

                                                   Poor Hello Kitty is gonna be real dizzy!!!


11 comments:

Jovan said...

Super cute...great colors!

Craftin Desert Divas said...

Your granddaughters are going to love them. Who doesn't love Hello Kitty! Great job!!

Tara

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Adorable! I kick myself everything I see another fun HK card, knowing that I "almost" purchased that cart several times. I so regret not getting this one...sigh. I do love your card and those bright,happy colors. She looks cute with the action wobble going wild!

Kate said...

So Cute. Love the colors you used.

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Another adorable card and love that wobble:-)

Melissa said...

This has to be the cutes little critter ans she's on an action wobble too, love it! Thanks for joining CCC!

Anonymous said...

Adorable. I love your wobble cards. so cute.

mum of two said...

So adorable Sharon! You know how much I love Hello Kitty - she looks super cute on an Action Wobble too :) TFS

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Hi Sharon,
Sorry, it's been a while. My life is crazy right now knee deep in wedding projects!
I wanted to stop in quick and check out your projects and to say hi. Your cheerleader kitty is amazingly adorable!! I love the wobble:) too cute!!!
I hope to try and stop in every few days..if I am distant its only because I have no time right now to blog :(:( missing everyone!
I will try and stop in every few days! take care my friend!

Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Scrapper69 said...

This is simply ADORABLE Sharon! And you added the action too... LOVE that even more! :o) Thanks for playing along with us over at Cricut Cardz! :o)

Theresa (Cricut Cardz DT)
www.miislucky.blogspot.com

~ Jo ~ said...

Sharon this is sooooo adorable!!!!

Hugs,
Jo