Monday, August 15, 2011

Paper Playtime Special Digi Challenge

Paper Playtime is having a special challenge for this week. Our sponsor is Whimsie Doodles. Melyssa was so super awesome to share some digi's with us to do some creating with. My work schedule has changed so I didn't have the chance to do more than the two projects. :( Also visit her blog here and check out the weekly challenges and tutorials they have. As a special offer for Sunday Sketch and Stamp Fans Melyssa is providing the discount code PaperPlay10 for you to use at the Whimsie Doodles online store and receive 10% off your next order!! The code expires 30 days from today-August 15th. How exciting is that?!
And as cream on the pie, so to speak, Melyssa is giving one lucky winner from this weeks challenge a $10 gift certificate to her online store!! Now that is really exciting, too!!! But you can't win if you don't enter our challenge. You have until noon Saturday, August 20th to link up your creation. Now, onto my creations.
The first one I would like to share with ya'll is a layout. Yep-a layout. I used some Copics to color the sweet strawberries.I colored two sets. Cut one set out and popped them on top of the other. And I just love the sentiment-You're So Sweet- that Melyssa put with them. I cut them out with a Nestabilities Labels Two die cut using my Cuttlebug. I pulled out this My Mind's Eye-quite contrary-Mary Mary Sweetie Pie-Strawberry cardstock to use as the bg for my layout. I also had this journaling card, title card and alphabet that I used from the same line. I finished off my layout with Pearls and Rhinestones from Recollections that I picked up at Michaels. Then of course I had to do something in the card family. I made four little lunchbox cards. I cut the little cards from Stretch Your Imagination. I sized them on my Gypsy Girl. I made them 4.50 inches by 3 inches each. When folded in half, they make a 2 1/4 inch X 3 inch little card. Just perfect for a lunchbox note. The bg designer paper behind the awesome pencil w/apple digi is from sassafras-Bungle Jungle stack. Great stack for kiddie stuff! The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink stamp set-Handwritten Notes.
Okay, you know what you have to do-get to creating and link so we can come and admire your creation! Don't forget to check out my DT Sisters creations. There is some awesomeness out there that you sure don't want to miss. Also, visit Melyssa at Whimsie Doodles and check out her fantastic digis. She is just so talented!!
Can't wait to see what ya'll create! Hope ya like my layout and little lunchbox cards!!!!! :)

5 comments:

jessica said...

Adorable projects! I love your note cards!! Perfect for the lunch box...think I need to whip up a bunch for my kiddos :)
TFS

Carole Beath said...

I too love your note cards. So cute.
Carole

papertrails leaver said...

Your cards are so cute and love the layout! I can't believe you were stressed for completely only two, I only did one. I am the slacker around here! ;-)

girlia said...

Love the projects Sharon.

Scrapper69 said...

What great projects! LOVE the note cards... So super cute! :o)