Monday, August 15, 2011

Cricut Cardz Challenge #87

The current challenge over at Cricut Cardz is 'Straight from the Heart'. You are to make a thank you card using hearts, any cartridges and any colors except pink or red. Hummmmm a heart that isn't pink or red. I really had to think of what color to use for my heart. Was digging through my stash and came across DCWV the Mariposa Stack. Loved the pattern piece that I decided to use for the bg. Then back to picking a heart color. I also have the Mariposa Cardstock Stack so flipped through it. Came across this green that I really like. Cut my hearts from it using my E2 and the Better Together Imagine Art cartridge. The sentiment on the heart is a wooden stamp and the rest of the sentiment was computer generated and then punched out with an EK Success punch. Real quick and simple card. I did some popping to give it dimension. I think I really like how simple it is. Hope ya'll do too!!! :)
Oh, you have until EST, Tuesday, August 16th to link up your card.

2 comments:

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

hhhmmmm...seems like a tough challenge, hearts without pink or red! But...looks like you nailed it! This is a very pretty card and I love the way you placed the sentiment, very creative!

Scrapper69 said...

Awwwe... What a sweet card! I missed out on this weeks challenge! I'll be ready for the next one! tehehehe