Sunday, December 29, 2013

Happy 2014

I hope everyone had an awesome Christmas!! We sure did. Wonderful time spent with family.
Are you ready for the last challenge of the year for Exploring Cricut? Also, I don't usually combine my challenges or anything. But we are having a Linky Party at Bitten By The Bug 2 and both of the themes has to do with New Years. Exploring Cricut is to make a card, layout, or papercraft celebrating a New Year and our Linky Party at BBTB2 is to make a New Year's Card. I don't send New Year's cards out so I just wanted to make the one. I used the Teddy Bear Parade cartridge and cut the Baby New Year. It can be found on the #3 spot on the overlay. I cut the bear and all of the New Year's layers at 3.5 inches. I went to Hobby Lobby in search of New Year's paper but couldn't find any so I used the fireworks paper that I had from the 4th of July. I used my Grand Scalloped Oval die cut and my Big Kick and cut the oval to mount my Baby New Year on. I popped it and the bear up on one thickness of foam tape. I put my sentiment on the inside. It is from the 'Classic Christmas' stamp set from Mary-Cardz TV Stamps. We hope you intend to join us for our challenge at Exploring Cricut. You will have until Saturday, January 4th at 10pm EST to link up your new New Year's project. Also, we would so love for you to join in our Linky Party at Bitten By The Bug 2. Just link your card and wish each other a Happy New Year!!!
I'm so looking forward to seeing your New Year's projects!!! Head on over to Exploring Cricut and Bitten By The Bug 2 and check out the creations my DT Sisters made. Awesomeness for sure!!!
Hope ya'll like my card!!
Have a wonderful and safe New Year's!!!! :)


16 comments:

Diane said...

I love your card Sharon! Happy New Year!

Carole Beath said...


Awww, Sharon, I loves me a little bear wishing me a Happy New Year. And Happy New Year to you.
Carole

Felicia said...

Very cute card! I like the firework paper.

Michelle N. said...

Love this cute bear, and the bg paper-great job! Have a wonderful New Year!

teachermom5 said...

Love the idea of using the 4th of July paper! That little bear is adorable. Have a happy and blessed new year!

Scrapper69 said...

OMGOSH Sharon... that's ADORABLE! That paper was the perfect choice for New years! We have fireworks on New Year's & the 4th so it fit it just right! I hope you and your family have a wonderful New Year! :o)

Vickie said...

I love Teddy Bear Parade cart so your card is AWESOME>

Happy New Year.


Vickie Bryan

Sherrie K. said...

Sharon, your card is awesome! Love the adorable Teddy Bear and the firework background paper-great job of thinking outside the box on that one-I wouldn't even thought of that and I love it!
Happy New Year my friend!!
Sherrie K

Jayne said...

Happy New Year Sharon!

Caroline said...

Happy New Year, Sharon!! I love this teddy bear and the fabulous paper you used for your card!!!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh my goodness, how cute is this little guy! What a fun card and great way to welcome in the New Year! Wishing you and your family a safe, wonderful, Happy New Year ♥

Laura Pizz said...

Love your card, that bear is too cute -- and have a Happy New Year! ~Laura

Mayras Designs said...

This is super sweet and festive !!

Mayra
Mayrasdesigns.blogspot.com

Scrapping Girl said...

I think the fireworks paper is perfect for New Year's! We certainly heard plenty of fireworks at midnight! Love the cute little bear-those bears make for a guaranteed adorable card. Wishing you a happy 2014!
:)
Michelle

Gail said...

Hi Sharon - I posted on the wrong post but that was a great creation like this creation as well! Coming from BBTB - Happy New Year and Happy week!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Visiting from BBTB2. Like the Teddy Bear New Year card.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"