This hop is more about awareness. Awareness for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome ( PCOS).
September just happens to be PCOS awareness month as well as Amanda’s Birthday.
The ribbon color for this just happens to be Teal. So we are hopping along today to celebrate a birthday as well as bring awareness for PCOS.
Here is some information about Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.
- Between 1 in 10 and 1 in 20 women of childbearing age has PCOS. As many as 5 million women in the United States may be affected. It can occur in girls as young as 11 years old.
- The cause of PCOS is unknown.
- There is no cure for PCOS
- Here are a great website for more information on PCOS http://womenshealth.gov/publications/our-publications/fact-sheet/polycystic-ovary-syndrome.cfm#i
If you came from Susan's blog, you are in the right place. If you just happened to stop by, well thank you. How about joining us for our hop. You can start right at the beginning.
Now on to what I created for this blog hop. The only requirements we had was we had to use teal.
Since we are also celebrating Amanda's Birthday, I went with a birthday card. And I have to tell ya that I really went CAS on this card!! I had gotten this Ki Memories -Celebrate-6x6 paper pad at Walmart and I found all of my papers (except the base of the card) in this pad. Don't cha just love doing that?! I was excited to find teal in there!! The second layer and the middle candle foot the bill perfectly. I cut the ribbon from a Silhouette file. It is #3055 at the Silhouette store. I used the back of the middle layer as it is solid. I used some faux half pearls in the corner. These are from Recollections. My sentiment is a wooden stamp from my stash. CAS and I love it!!!!
Happy Birthday Amanda!!!!
Thank you Amanda for letting me be a part of this awesome hop!
The next stop is Rachelle.
Below is a listing of all the stops. If you get lost, just hop back here and find you way!
- Amanda http://craftsbyamanda.blogspot.com
- Sarah- http://sarahvaitstamps.blogspot.com/
- Cathy http://mimiscraftcorner.blogspot.com
- Nicole ~http://teachdanz.blogspot.com
- Susan ~ http://itsmesusanp.blogspot.com
- Sharon ~ http://meemeescreations.blogspot.com ~you are here
- Rachelle~http://creationsbyrachelle.blogspot.com ~next hop stop
- Michelle - http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com
- Jo N Kris - http://jwscrapshack.blogspot.com
- Shawnee - http://quiverofangels.blogspot.com
- Julie http://www.readysetstamp.com