Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Hoo's having a Birthday!

Evening everyone! Hope ya'll had a great day. Ours was full of rain and cold weather. Not just little rain, but pourdown rain!! We've had this going on for days now and I think we've had enough, but alas, it is suppose to rain for the next two days, too!!! Since I was off work today, and it was raining, I headed to my crafty room to do a little bit of crafting. I made this cute birthday card for one of our grands. And I'm entering it into the challenge over at Bitten By The Bug 2. This week they want a Cricut bird and branch. I used the Wild Card 2 cartridge. This is the first time I've cut any of the cards from this one. I went with the owl on the branch that can be found on page 45. I cut it at 4.50 inches as it says to on the page. I think it turned out so cute!!! I did use some glossy accents on the eyes and did some faux stitching around the glasses. On the inside I added a circle scallop that I cut from a Quic Kutz Nesting Flowers Cookie Cutter Die using my Big Kick. I added my sentiment on it. This one can be found on the For The Birds stamp set from Mary-Cardz TV Stamps. I hope ya'll like my card!!! I really hope our granddaughter does! :)

17 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

So cute...love that owl! Lee-Ann :)

Deanna Mulder said...

Sharon, this is so stinkin' cute!!! I love it. I don't have this cartridge, at least not yet.

Charlotte said...

Love, love love this. I just think shape cards are so much fun and this one is just adorable!!!
Charlotte

Scrapper69 said...

OMGOSH Sharon! That is way super cute! I didn't realize that cartridge had a card feature.... Maybe I should take a better look at it! I'm sure your granddaughter will LOVE this! Miss visiting you, I hope you had a fabulous Christmas & New Year! :o)
Theresa

Georgiana said...

Loving those BIG eyes!

Adrian said...

So cute!

Susan Edwards said...

Oh Sharon, this is so stinkin' adorable. Love your owl and branch card. Too cute. Great sentiment inside as well. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 this week!
Susan

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Super Cute! I love this fun little owl with those great big glasses - what a cutie! We had sprinkles here today and it has been unseasonably warm the last few days. Supposed to get much, much colder over the next few days. Hope the rest of your week is wonderful and dry!

Anonymous said...

Love your owl card. It's so cute. I think GD will love it. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

Carole Beath said...

What a precious owl, Sharon....and I know your Granddaughter will LOVE it. Thanks for sharing it with us on our BBTB2 bird/branch challenge.
Carole

JennyKozar said...

I think it is adorable!

~ Jo ~ said...

Oh this is just sooooo adorable!!!!!


Hugs,
Jo

Jayne said...

Love your owl card Sharon.It is one of my favourite cards on WC2.Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.
Jayne x

Brenda said...

OMGosh Sharon your card is adorable!! What a fabulous idea to make a shaped card for this challenge! I just love this little owl with his cute little glasses!! Love, love it!! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

That is one smart looking owl and one cute card. Love the big eyes and that it is a shape card. Thanks for joining us for the bird and branch challenge at BBTB2.

Sherrie K. said...

Oh my goodness, what a fun card! I love the big eyes:) The shape is fabulous Sharon!
Hope you have a good wknd and the rain stops falling...
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

shelly said...

simply adorable sharon! thanks for sharing with us at bbtb2 :)