Sunday, July 29, 2012

Exploring Cricut-Disney Dreaming

Can you believe it is already the end of July!!! Where did it go? Boy I must be getting old when I go to bed on the first day of the month and wake up and it's the end of the month!!
Today is the new challenge at Exploring Cricut. And do we have a fun challenge this time! Well, we have fun ones every time, but this is really fun!! Our theme is 'Disney Dreaming'! Make a card, layout or papercraft of any Disney character, vacations, etc containing at least one Disney character. Please make sure you use a Cricut cut, your project is a new one (no back links please) and that you link up before 9 pm. EST, Saturday, August 4th.
I pulled out my Disney Classics cartridge and flipped through the booklet trying to decide which image to use. I settled on Cleo from Pinocchio. She can be found on page 57. I cut her and her layers at 4 inches. I made a 6x6 card. I used some American Crafts-Heat Wave Patterned Paper for my bg. I punched out some circles for her bubbles and stamped my sentiment on the largest one. My sentiment came from the stamp set Fun in the Sun from Mary-Cardz TV Stamps. I used my white gel pen for the lines on the bubbles. I popped Cleo and one of the bubbles on one thickness of foam tape and the biggest bubble on two thickness. On the inside you can see that Cleo has dove down into the waves to cool off on this hot day!! Hop over and take a look at the creations my DT Sisters and Brother have created for inspiration. Awesomeness for sure!!! So looking forward to seeing what you come up with for our challenge! Hope ya like my card!!!! :)

11 comments:

Jovan said...

This card is just PREFECT...I love that fish! Your papers are wonderful!

jennyplace2 said...

Awww! To cute! Love it! TFS!

Georgiana said...

Great job. Loving that Cleo decided to take a swim on the inside.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Annette said...

Cute, cute! The inside is just as fun with her little dive:)

Annette
My Mind's Dust Bunnies

Anonymous said...

She is very cute. Love the background paper.

Diane said...

Love your card Sharon! I need to use this cartridge too!

snappy scrappy said...

This is the cutest!! Lee-Ann :)

Scrapper69 said...

CUTE! I LOVE the inside with just the fins.. Very crafty! And I agree... Where did July go?? I can't believe it's already AUGUST! :O)

mum of two said...

Sharon, this is awesome! I just love the patterned paper you chose, and the fish is super cute TFS :)

michelle
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

Aaw, love your Cleo! The background looks awesome too!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Ian said...

This is SO late but you did a wonderful job!! :) Love the sentiment. Just keep swimming, just keep swimming. :)