Friday, October 7, 2011

Paper Cutz Challenge #112-Keeper of the Crows

It's Friday again! WhooHoo!!! Love Fridays for several reasons. One of them is a new challenge at Paper Cutz Challenge!! This weeks theme title is "Keeper of the Crows". We would love for you to make a card, layout, craft project of some kind for Fall using a hand stamped, digital stamped or Cricut cut image of a scarecrow. Yep, a "Keeper of the Crows"!! The only catch is that you can only use the colors Orange, Yellow, Brown, Black, Blue and White. I cut my scarecrow from the Celebrate With Flourish cartridge and the corn field behind him is the corn border cut from the Pop-Up Neighborhood cartridge. I cut the scarecrow several times in different colors so I could paper piece him to get my colors. I also cut the crow several time to use as embellies. The bg paper was my hardest part to chose. I picked several different ones and would realize that they didn't meet the color requirements. I kept searching and found this in the s e i-Nutmeg paper stack. It has brown, tan and blue in it so just perfect! It even as some sparkle in it. I used twine from Papertrey Ink. The stamp I used is from Mary's 'Spooky Sayings' stamp set. You can find this set here and you can also preorder the next 3 sets that Mary has coming out. They are all awesome!!! Hop over to Paper Cutz and see what my DT Sisters have to offer for inspiration for this great challenge. Awesomeness going on over there!!!!  How about joining us and create something and link it up! You have until midnight, EST, Thursday October 13 to enter. Would so love to see what you create!!! Hope ya'll like my card!!!! :)

8 comments:

Jovan said...

I love this card!

Sherrie K. said...

What an awesome card! I love your cute little scarecrow. Would love to play in the challenge:)
IEven though I haven't commented a lot, I am checking your projects out and they are awesome! I hope things settle down soon for me and I can get back to crafting! I totally miss it!
Have a great day!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

NancyD said...

The dp is perfect. I love your great scarecrow and the crow on the inside works perfectly. NancyD

Janis Lewis said...

This is fabulous! WOW! I love this. All the details are so amazing. :)

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the Scarecrow card. Especially like how you set the scene with the cornfield background & included the inside decor.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

What an adorable little scarecrow! Love all the layers on this and that sentiment is just perfect with the little crows on either side...CUTE!

Kristie W. said...

Cool scarecrow, Sharon! Great job with the color challenge too!

Joy said...

TOO cute ! Love the scarecrow and all those adorable crows !!
xoxo Joy