Monday, October 10, 2011

Exploring Cricut Challenge #1

I am so excited to be a part of this great Design Team!!! We will be exploring Cricut Cartridges and inspiring you to use your Cricut!! Every other Monday we will post a new challenge using a certain cut from a Cricut Cartridge and we hope ya'll join in on the fun!!! You can make a card, layout or paper craft. For our first challenge we are using the Art Philopsophy Cartridge. Everyone doesn't have this cartridge (I don't), but if you do please join us. We are using the square from page 43-square 3 and at least any two flowers. I used the flower and layer to it from page 29. Diane was very gracious and provided us that did not have this cartridge the cuts we needed for this very first challenge. The square was cut at 4 1/4 inches and the flowers and layers at 2 inches. I was so excited when my package came in the mail. I decided to do a 6X6 card in honor of Breast CancerAwareness. The striped dp is from Heidi Grace. I used it as my bg and for the butterflies. The small ones are a Martha Stewart punch and the larger one I cut from the Elegant Edges Cartridge. I used my Gypsy Girl and the butterfly from page 30-border feature. I used the hide conture feature and hid everything except one of the butterflies. I then enlarged it to 3 3/4 inches and cut one in the striped and one in blue. Now if you don't have a Gypsy, I think if you cut it at 4 inches it would be fine. I used 3D Zots under the wings to make them stand up and white half pearls in the center of the butterflies. I have these huge ones that I placed in the center of my flowers. The pink swirls are Recollections from Michaels. The sentiment and breast cancer ribbon are from My Pink Stamper Everyday Occasions stamp set. I finished off my card by using Sparkle Sheer Shimmer Spritz all over the front to give it some sparkle. We hope ya'll will join us! There is a prize for this first challenge! One of our DT Sisters-Emily-has graciously donated some Close to my Heart paper as the prize. The challenge lasts until midnight, Saturday, October 15th. and on Sunday a winner will be picked. Looking forward to seeing your projects!!! Hope ya'll like my card.

13 comments:

Diana said...

Sharon, I love this card. The pearls and the butterflies make this card so pretty. Diana

Glenda said...

Congrats on the Design team Sharon! Love your card--very pretty. I do not have this cartridge either, but I will be checking out the new blog!
Glenda

Leslie said...

Beautiful card! Love the butterflies.

girlia said...

too cute

Joy said...

Congrats on the DT Sharon !!!Sounds like a wonderful team to be on and a fun challenge !!I just might have to join the fun! LOVE your card....love the colors and the pretty butterflies !! The pearls are so pretty too!
xoxo Joy

Diane said...

Love your card Sharon and like how you used both of your square 3 images! Love the flowers and butterflies too. Great to have you on the DT!

Leah said...

I love your card! The colors are so wonderful together! Very sweet and elegant! TFS

Crafty hugs,
Leah

Jovan said...

This is so pretty!

Lezlye said...

Very Pretty!

Sherrie K. said...

Congrats Sharon on the DT spot! Happy for you:) Your card is beautiful. I love the blue and pink together. The flowers and butterfly are gorgeous with all the pearls...so pretty!!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Saints Rule! said...

So very pretty! I just love that butterfly and pearl flourishes! So glad to be on the new team with you! Blessings...

Janis Lewis said...

Sharon, I am so excited for you!! Your card is gorgeous! I'll check out your challenge group. I don't have that cart, so I'll see what I can come up with. Love all the pearly swirls on your card. Just beautiful. Hugs! :)

Scrapper69 said...

OMHECK! Sharon! This is GORGEOUS!
SERIOUSLY! I really, really like how this came out... From the BLING to the CUTS! You did a fabulous job.... :o)