Friday, September 30, 2011

Paper Cutz Challenge #111-Shake, Rattle and Roll

Catchy name isn't is?! That just happens to be the theme name of the challenge that starts today at Paper Cutz Challenge! You are to make a card, layout or any craft project for Halloween with a hand stamed, digi stamped or Cricut cut image of a skeleton or a skull and crossbones. Use any colors you want. The only catch is that you have to make it cute-NOT SPOOKY!!!!! Before we get to my card I just want to say that the button projects this past week were just fantastic!!!! Ya'll did wonderful with that challenge!! Now on to my card. I cut the skeleton from the Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge. I cut him big so I could glitter him up. I used some Studio G glitter that I got in some blog candy I won (Thanks Heather!). It is the softest glitter I have ever worked with! The designer papers I used are My Mind's Eye-Boo to You-Frightful Friends for the top piece and Hobby Lobby-Paper Studio-Spooksville Paper Pad for the bottom piece. the ribbon is from Hobby Lobby. The sentiment is from Mary-Cardz TV Spooky Sayings stamp set. I punched a piece of each dp, off set them a little and stamped on the top. Added a skittle and popped it up. The skittles in the corner have a picture in them. One has a spider web and the other two have a spider. I've had these for a while. I think they work great for this card. I put some bling on for his eyes. Decided the bottom needed something, so added some to the two bottom corners. Now, I'm not really thrilled with this card. I thought that glittering my skelton would be great. But I'm not so sure now. I think he'll grow on me if I look at him enough! LOL I'm hoping that the dp's will save me on this one!!!  Okay, now it is your turn to create. So looking forward to seeing what ya'll come up with. You have until midnight, Thursday, October 6th to enter. Now while you're over linking, check out what my DT Sisters have made for your inspiration. Awesomeness for sure!!! Hope ya'll like my card!!!!! :)

10 comments:

NancyD said...

Sparkles and purple make this the perfect card. I love that you decorated the inside of the card too. NancyD

Scrapper69 said...

It's a great card Sharon! Nothin' like a sparkly Skeleton! :o) LOVE the purple! Really CUTE! :O)

Unknown said...

I love the glittery skeleton. Fun papers too.

Jani
papercompulsions.blogspot.com

girlia said...

Nicely done Sharon. Never saw a "blinged" skeleton

Raina said...

Your glittery Skeleton is really cute! I'm a new follower to your blog and so glad I found you! Come and visit if you get a chance.

Hugs & Blessings,
Raina

scrapwithraina.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Super cute and can't wait to see what you will do for our new blog!

Sherrie K. said...

I love this Sharon!! Great Halloween card:)
Sorry, I haven't been around lately, just trying to catch up a bit from vacation. Missing all my blogger friends....and hope to be back posting projects this week.
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Chloe and Her Clip On Koalas said...

First glittery purple skeleton I have seen this Halloween season so far! Love it. TFS! x

Joy said...

Too cute !!! That skeleton is my favorite halloween cut and I love how you sparkled him up!!
xoxo Joy

Tameko said...

Such a fun card. Love your purple skeleton.