Thursday, April 25, 2013

Purse card and box

Morning everyone!!! I have a couple of projects that I made that I want to share with you. I bought a Silhouette Cameo and am learning how to use it. I needed a card for our great granddaughter's first birthday this weekend. My friend Janis had made this adorable purse card and I knew I just had to buy that file and make one. Our granddaughter's party theme is owls, so I used the cute paper from K & Company. I found this adorable princess purse in the Silhouette store and just had to get it and make it for her, too. I really love that it cuts everything you need to make your project. Each piece is just the right size, etc. The box was so easy to put together. I finished the card and box with a Sassafras flower and some Studio G Gems. The ribbon on the purse box is some crinkle ribbon that I died. The inside of the purse card says Happy Birthday. I just couldn't get a good picture.
Now, don't think that I am giving up my Cricut, because I'm not!!! I so love my Expression and Expression 2 and I could never do without my Gypsy Girl!!!! The Cameo is just another tool to enhance some of my crafting. Hope ya'll like my purse card and purse box!!!! I can't wait to see how our great grand likes them!  :)

The front of the box. I added some acetate to the window.
 
The back of the box

6 comments:

Nana said...

Fabulous projects Sharon. I'm a newbie to the Cameo too. I've had mine a little over a month.

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute!!

Sherrie K. said...

Oooh, how sweet! Your Granddaughter will love it! Great cut file and congrats on the CAMEO! Your gonna love it the more you used it! Janis does a fantastic job with her video's! They have been very helpful!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Nana Donna said...

Congrats on your great-granddaughter's bday, I know how exciting that is as my great-granddaughter just turned 2 in February. I love love your purse card, the paper is adorable. I know you wil love love love your Cameo, I got one last Summer and love it and the more I work with it the more I love it.
Hugs
D

~ Jo ~ said...

aww these are just lovely... so adorable and I am sure your grand baby will love these! Great job Sharon!

Hugs,
Jo
xox

Pam said...

How adorable! I hope your great granddaughter has a wonderful birthday! If she is like most little girls she is going to LOVE that darling little purse!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com