Sunday, January 6, 2013

Dogs Leave Paw Prints On Your Heart!

Happy Monday everyone!! Today is our first challenge of the year over at Paper Playtime. And do we have a great challenge. Our theme is 'Pets'!! We all love our pets so we have decided to honor them with this challenge. We have 4 dogs. Three are short hair chihuahuas and one is a bassett hound. I couldn't find a bassett hound cut on any of the Cricut cartridges but I did have this chihuahua cut from the Four Legged Friends cart. Our two girls are black with white and our male is white with black. The girls also have gray on them because of age. So that is the color scheme I went with. I cut her at 4.25 inches. She can be found at the #15 spot on the overlay. The Paw Heart on the inside is at the #39 spot on the overlay and I cut it at 1.25 inches. The bg pattern paper is from Little Yellow Bicycle. I used a rhinestone from Recollections on the collar. I also did a little bit of doodling to finish my card off. Head on over to Paper Playtime and check out the creations my DT Sisters made. Awesomeness for sure!!! Then head to your crafty space and create something representing your pet, be it a card, layout of papercraft. Just make sure it is a new project. No back links please. You have until Sunday, January 20th to link. Oh, I almost forgot. Betcha wanna know what the prize is for this challenge. One lucky ducky will win the 'Royal Sayings Too' stamp set from The Scrapbooking Queen!! You have to enter a project to be in the running, so get to creating!! Hope ya'll like my card!! :)

7 comments:

lovemypaper said...

Very cute card!

~ Jo ~ said...

Love your card Sharon, its adorable! I love this lil dog too, I have the same cartridge and have used this same image before and it is so fun to work with. I love the colors you chose to do her in!!! Beautiful!

Hugs,
Jo

Anonymous said...

Very sweet, Sharon. I had my miniature schnauzer for over 14 years. Lost her 2 years ago. Still miss her terribly.

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

What a cute card! I love the little dog and that patterned paper! The heart with the paw print on the inside is fabulous!

Stacey
DT sister

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

oooohhhh...what an adorable pup! So, so sweet and I love the paw print on the inside of your card. Perfect sentiment too - my Lola has left her little prints all over my heart! Love this sweet card Sharon!

Sherrie K. said...

What a cute poochie! I love the soft colors you used and I adore the sentiment!
Sherrie K

Migdalia said...

Simply ADORABLE!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia