Thursday, November 15, 2012

Get Your Jingle On

Thank goodness it's Friday!!! I'm off this weekend and sooooo looking forward to it!! I have an awesome weekend planned, too! Whoo Hoo!!! And ya know what else is good about today?! There is a new challenge starting at Cardz TV featuring the awesome Cardz TV Stamps Design Team. We are so excited to share our 'Scene It!' projects for you. And we would love for you to join in on our challenge. Just create a card, layout or craft project with a scene for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Our challenge runs from today through noon, EST, Thursday, November 22nd. Ohhhhh-that's Thanksgiving!!
For my project today I made a layout page. Yes-a layout page!!! I know!!! I usually always make cards. But not this time!! Now I have to forewarn you. I am not really good at making layouts. I see all these that have beautiful flowers and all of these great cuts on them. I never seem to be able to get them to look that good. So I just go simple. My bg cardstock is from graphic 45-Christmas Past Collection. It's from 2009. Yeah, I tend to hoard the pieces that I really really love! I thought this piece was just perfect for my background. I then got on my Gypsy Girl and started designing my page. I decided to use the Christmas
cartridge. I cut the tree that can be found in the #21 spot on the overlay and the set of trees that is in the #43 spot on the overlay. I cut both at 5 inches. I hid the Star on the shift of the big tree, but cut the pieces for the snow on the tree. I coated the snow pieces and the ground piece for the set of trees with a Zig Two Way Glue Pen and sprinkled some Sugar Coating Lily White Glitter on them. I added a little bit up the sides of the trees, too. I popped them up on my page using one thickness of foam tape. I then cut the Santa and moon that is in the #9 spot on the overlay. I cut them at 2.5 inches. I glued these peices down. For my sentiment pieces I pulled out my Spellbinders Nested Pennants and cut two different sizes. My sentiments are from the Christmas Joy stamp set from Mary-Cardz TV Stamps. I used my Sakura Gelly Roll Clear Star Pen to do a little highlighting on the Joy and my Sakura Gelly Roll White Pen to do the faux stitching around the pennants. I then popped them up with one thickness of foam tape. To finish my layout page I cut my photo mat from the Lacy Labels cartridge. It can be found at the #31 spot on the overlay. I cut it and it's shadow at 3 inches. That's it!! A real simple layout page. I sure hope ya'll like it!!
Don't forget to head to your crafty space and create a 'new' project to enter our challenge Who knows, you just might be the lucky ducky to win a set of Mary's awesome stamps!! Just link your creation by noon, EST, Thanksgiving Day!! And while you are there make sure you check out all of the creations my DT Sisters have made for inspiration. Awesomeness for sure!!!!
I wish each of you a very Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!!!! :)




15 comments:

~ Jo ~ said...

Sharon this layout is awesome!! I love that you picked out background paper to resemble the night sky and I truly love that Santa and his reindeer are flying up, up and away past the moon!! Love this!

Hugs,
Jo
DT Sister

Anonymous said...

I love your layout. This is so cute. I love to use that silhouette.

Sarah said...

I love that tree--so pretty! Just the right touch of sparkle :)

Ginger said...

Love this! Really live the Santa and his sleigh die cut!

Hugs,
Ginger DT Sister

Sherrie K. said...

Such a pretty layout Sharon!! I love the cuts....the tree is fabulous and wow, check out your Santa and sleigh....love this! You definitely need to do more layouts! Fantastic job!

Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Jeri said...

I can just hear those sleigh bells jingling. You remind me how far behind I am in the scrapbooking department. I don't do layouts very often either. You chose the perfect background paper to highlight all your cuts. Well done! Enjoy your weekend off!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh my...what a fabulous Christmas layout! I LOVE that silhouette of Santa with the moon shinning bright - brings back wonderful memories of reading the "Night Before Christmas" to my kids! Hope you have a wonderful, fun, crafty weekend!

mum of two said...

That Santa silhouette is awesome Sharon. I think I have that cartridge - how did I miss that? Off to check out my Gypsy girl :) TFS

michelle (dt sister)
http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

Mimi said...

I love your layout! That Santa over the moon is genius!

mimi2trentdrew.blogspot.com
Cardztv DT Sister

Shawnee said...

Sharon,
This layout is so cute. I love Santa in the sky and the glitter on the trees. It is beautiful!!

Blessings,
Shawnee
DT Sister

The Queen (Laura) said...

I love it! The sleigh looks awesome with the moon! I love the trees as well. Great job!

Lots of Hugs,
Laura
DT Sister

Lizzie Laine said...

Sharon,
Super cute layout, love how Santa is flying past the moon and great BG paper!

Elaine
DT Sister

girlia said...

Love this scene Sharon

readysetstamp said...

This layout is so very cute! The Santa silhouette is adorable! XOXO, Julie. :0)

Scrapper69 said...

What a pretty layout Sharon! The BG looks like snow is falling from the sky! LOVE IT! :o)