Sunday, July 8, 2012

Cardz TV Christmas In July-#1

Mary of Cardz TV is doing her yearly Christmas in July challenges. I've been so busy this weekend, I only got the chance to get in my crafty room after supper tonight to make a card for the challenge. So this is what a thrown together as quickly as possible card looks like. I used the Winter Frolic cartridge and cut the birdcage with birds on page 58 at 4 inches. Using my Gypsy Girl to design my card, I did some hiding on the ribbon and holly to get the right colors. In the booklet it has the birds a light green. Now, I haven't seen birds other than those of the parrot family in green. So I cut mine white to make them look like doves. All of the cuts were made from scraps from my ever growing scrap bin. The bg designer paper is Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby)-Christmas Holly. The gemstones are also Paper Studio. The sentiment is from the Holly Jolly stamp set from Mary-Cardz TV Stamps. I finished up my card by doing some doodling with my white gelly roll pen and then popping up the birdcage. Hope y'all like my Christmas card!!!! :)

10 comments:

Georgia Ehrmann said...

so very pretty!

Stephanie said...

So pretty! I really like how you finish the inside!

Anna Waarvik said...

For a quickly thrown together card you did a great job!

In My Craft Room said...

What a great card, love it!

sophiesmama said...

Sharon, this is a beautiful card!! Thanks so much for playing the Christmas in July Challenge at Cardz TV!
Hugs,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Adorable. Love the inside too.

Julie said...

I love the inside of your card! This is a gorgeous design. I hope you stop by the challenge at www.thecricutchirp.com

Sherrie K. said...

Pretty card Sharon!! The papers are awesome and love the cuts. I've always liked that cartridge! Great job on the inside too....I should start on some Christmas cards, TFS!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

~ Jo ~ said...

Sharon this card is so very pretty! I love the colors of the papers and I think that the doves are adorable!


Hugs,
Jo

Scrapper69 said...

What a pretty card Sharon! I was thinkin' about doing a Christmas card in July too.... Just gotta find the time... I LOVE how yours turned out.... :O)