Sunday, June 17, 2012

Exploring Cricut-Summer Fun

Oh do we ever have a great challenge for you today at Exploring Cricut!! We would love for you to make a card, layout or papercraft using at least '3' cricut cuts, '2' pattern papers and '1' embellishment of a summer fun activity, vacation, etc. You will have until 9pm, EST, Saturday June 23rd to link up your creations. Please link new creations. No back links. For this challenge I made a .....just wait....drum roll please..........a layout!!! Yeah!!! Not a card, but a layout!!! And I had fun making it!!! I just love all of the fancy layouts that I see out there, but that just doesn't seem to be my style. I go more for the simple. I do use bling on mine. Sometimes lots and sometimes a little, but most of mine are simple. For this one I used the Life Is A Beach cartridge. I cut the pail on page 60. Cut an extra shovel, sand and pail handle. And the flip flops from page 64. I cut extra straps. I also used the Elegant Edges cartridge. I cut the 'Hearts 2' cut on page 41. I cut the shift-oblong and it's shadow. All of my cuts were cut at 4.75 inches. The extra pail handle and flip flop straps I glued the ends of the handle and the tips of the straps and popped the rest of it up and popped up the extra bit of sand. I used these great Recollections Rhinestones that I picked up at Michaels. Wish I had gotten more of these. The Elegant Edges pieces are for photos. That's it. Please check out what my DT Sisters have created for your inspiration. Awesomeness for sure!!! And then link up your creation so we can come by and admire it!! Hope y'all like my layout!!!! :)


6 comments:

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Darling layout Sharon! This just screams summertime fun! Sounds like a great challenge, hope I can find some time to play along!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is so fun! Great flip flops!

Diane said...

Love this Sharon!

Saints Rule! said...

This is darling Sharon! I just love that cute sand pail and flip flops! Just makes we want to put my toes in the sand!

Annette said...

Very cute layout Sharon! The polka dots are perfect:)

Annette
mymindsdustbunnies.blogspot.com

Anna Waarvik said...

What a cute layout - love the flip flops. This sounds like a fun challenge - not sure I'll be able to participate in it though (bummer!).

Take care!