Monday, January 30, 2012

Exploring Cricut Challenge #9

It is time for the new challenge at Exploring Cricut. Our theme this go around is to make a card, layout or papercraft using: 1-ribbon, 2-cricut cuts and 3-jewels, buttons or brads. Of course you can use more of each if you like. Also, use any colors or theme that you want. I put some thought into this card. I dug through my stash. Looking at lot of my papers and cardstocks. I had picked up this paper pad a while back at Tuesday Mornings. It is from Making Memories. All of the papers are black and white. I decided that was the route I would go. I knew I wanted to make a butterfly because I just had to use this sentiment from my new stamp set Think Spring from Cardz TV Stamps. Mary's stamp sets are just awesome!!! I cut the butterfly and it's layers from the Once Upon A Princess cartridge at 3 inches. It can be found on page 59. The solid black pieces and the white body piece aren't from the paper pad. They are cardstock. I used Black Diamond and Clear Rock Candy Stickles on the black and white pieces of the butterfly and two tiny black faux half pearls for eyes. The shape that I used as my sentiment piece was cut from the Sophie cartridge. It can be found on page 54. It is called Accent 3 and I cut it at 2 inches. Now I did design my card on my Gypsy Girl and when I did this piece, I used the hide contour and hid some of the cuts on it. I wanted the outer piece and then the inside piece seperate. The white piece isn't from the paper pad. It is just a white piece of cardstock. The circle behind the butterfly was cut from the George and Basic Shapes cartridge. I cut it at 4.06 height. The faux white pearls are from Prima-Say it in Pearls. The red ribbon is from my stash. I wrapped it around my bg piece 3 times. I popped up the butterfly and the sentiment piece. Head over to Exploring Cricut and check out what my DT Sisters created for some inspiration. Awesomeness for sure!!! And while you are there, check out the great prize for this challenge. Then get to creating something to link up so we can come and admire it. You have until 9 pm EST, Saturday, Febuary 4th to enter our challenge. So looking forward to seeing what you create! Hope ya'll like my card!!!! :)

5 comments:

Diana said...

Very elegant card. :)

Annette said...

Your card is striking Sharon. I love everything about it.

Annette said...

Your card is striking Sharon. I love everything about it.

lanejoy1 said...

Love the card. I just became a follower and know I am going to enjoy your blog.

lanejoy1@windstream.net

Scrapper69 said...

Wow... Wow... and WOW some more! This is soooo PRETTY! It looks so elegant with that color combo.... and those pearls really add so much flair! I LOVE it! :o)