Monday, August 8, 2011

Paper Playtime Challenge #52-"Cool Off With Water"

This week is our Challenge Teams turn to create over at Paper Playtime. The theme is 'Cool off with Water'. Make any type of paper project be it a card, layout, altered item, a craft project, just anything with any type of way to cool off with water. What a fun time I had making my layout. Yeah, I said layout!!! Not a card this time. I kept thinking about those water things we had when I was growing up that we played under in the yard. It was a pipe like thing that you attached a water hose up to at the bottom and the water sprinkled out of the top. We use to have the best times!! I just had to figure out how to make one that looked enough like it so ya'll could get the idea of what I'm about. I used the Pack Your Bags cartridge and cut the water spout from the whale on page 56. I cut the water drops from Pooh and Friends, the waterhose is from Paper Dolls for Everyday, the grasshopper is from Stretch Your Imagination and the worms are also from Pooh and Friends. The grass I cut using my Martha Stewart shredder scissors. The bg designer paper is from ki Memories-Little Guy paper pack. I just love the big spots on it. I used Glossy Accents all over the water and drops to give them a shine. Ya'll only have until noon, EST, Saturday August 13th to enter this challenge because we are having a special digi challenge on the 15th. So get to creating and enter and you just might be the lucky winner of an awesome stamp set from our sponsor this week. My Pink Stamper has donated Music Speaks stamp set as our prize for this challenge. How exciting is that?! So get busy!! Hope ya'll like my layout!!! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your card...

Lisa Norris said...

This is sooo cute! I wanted to let you know that you won a stamp set from me...from the Butterfly Birthday Blog Hop. Here's the link http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com/2011/08/three-lucky-winners.html. I tried e-mailing you, but these e-mails sometimes wind up in junk mail. Please check it. :o) I hope to hear from you soon!

Lisa
http://prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

Sherrie K. said...

What a FUN layout Sharon!! I love the polka dot paper, the BIG water spout and the adorable little critters. So fun~Fantastic job:)
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Scrapper69 said...

HAHA! That's what we use to use when it was summertime too! The only way to cool off... Well unless you opened a fire Hydrant! That worked until the Fire department would come and close it back up! LOL Good times! LOL Your LO is wonderful sharon! Very bright and cheery just like Summer! :o)