Friday, August 5, 2011

Cricut Cardz Challenge #86

I'm doing a lot better this week getting my card entered in the Cricut Cardz challenge. The theme is 'Tuitti Fruitti'! What a neat theme!!! You are to make a card using fruit, any cartridges and colors or occasion you'd like. I cranked up my Gypsy Girl and started checking out fruit. I found this neat stack of fruits on the Nate's ABCs cartridge. While I was deciding on how to do my card I got to singing, Fruit Salad Yummy Yummy. Now, if you know about the Wiggles, you know that they use to sing this on their show. We also have several Wiggles DVD's that the Grands use to watch and it's on one of those. I use to know all the words but now I can only remember Fruit Salad Yummy Yummy. LOL So of course I had to go with that as my sentiment. I printed it on the computer at 24 points using Curlz MT font. I punched it out with a 1 3/4 inch circle punch. The bg designer paper is from K and Company-Berry Sweet. I used some Aleene's Paper Glaze on the cherries, the pear seeds and on the pineapple and did a little bit of doodling. Ya'll have until midnight EST, Tuesday, August 9th to enter this challenge. Hope ya like my card!!! :)

6 comments:

Nana Donna said...

How cute, love the card and that background paper is perfect. Love your story about singing LOL

Adrian said...

cute!

Tanya~Studio 5380 said...

Oh no....not the WIGGLES! Lol...I love your card, but those guys just step all over my very last nerve! Really, your card is just so bright and cheery! Love the colors and all the fruit on the front is just so pretty! The inside is just as cute...love this!

Jeri said...

Fantastic fruit card, Sharon. I love those shiny cherries you added on the inside. I'm not familiar with the Wiggles fruit salad song. Gosh I feel like I'm missing out on something great. LOL Thanks for playing along this week at CCC.

girlia said...

Very nice Sharon

Scrapper69 said...

YUMMY! I love it when you match the paper to the theme! It looks AWESOME! :o)