Saturday, January 21, 2012

Exploring Cricut Daily Project

It's my turn to do the daily project at Exploring Cricut. I decided not to make a card this time. Yeah, I know ya'll are in shock! I bought the Sweet Treat Boxes cartridge the first of the month and I just had to make a box.I cut #4, 14, 24, 34 and 44 on the layout. In the booklet it shows that it should be 3, 13, etc., but it is wrong. I used my Gyspy Girl, but you can also use your Expression easy enough. My box and it's layers were cut at 11.35 height. All you have to do on the Expression is to use fit to page. Make sure you take note of the size of the box and set your Expression to that setting for the layers. Take note that you will need to cut 2 of the box, because it only cuts half of it. I also used the hide contour so I could cut extra grass, flower and flower pot. I wanted an extra layer so I could pop them up. I used some Stardust Stickles on the 'sweets' on the sign and on the inside of the round window. I cut down part of a cartridge clear cover to put on the inside of the side windows. I also did some doodling with a white gelly roll pen. Remember to join our challenge. You have until 9pm EST tonight to link up a project. Also, don't forget to check out my DT Sisters daily projects. Awesomeness for sure!!! Hope ya'll like my box!!!! :)


17 comments:

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Sweet box house. Thanks for the details & corrections. Especially like the white stitching, sparkle to the sweets sign & colors. I'm going to try this.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Janis Lewis said...

Sharon... you are ah-may-zah-zing! I love this! The grass, the sign.... how fun!! :) Janis

Glenda said...

Lovely little house! Love the colors you chose. I have the cartridge but I have not used the cut. Now you have inspried me--if I could just find time!!
Glenda

Saints Rule! said...

Beautiful project! What a cute and fun idea! I have to explore this cart more!

Georgiana said...

Super cute. I don't have this cart, but can see it should be on my wish list.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Diane said...

I just love your treat box and now I need to make something with this cartridge! You are such an asset to Exploring Cricut.

Annette said...

Sharon, this is a darling little house. I especially like the stitching and the glitter:) Having 2 girls I could see them wanting to put there little dolls inside when they were younger!

Deanna Mulder said...

Love this Sharon. It is great!

Kim said...

This is adorable! I think this cart is at the top of my "must buy" list!

JennyKozar said...

This is adorable.

Lizzie Laine said...

Sharon,
That is the cutest little house! You did a wonderful job on it!

Sherrie K. said...

Awesome sweet shop!! I need to get down to business and use this cart:) So cute Sharon!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

girlia said...

Great job Sharon

Diana said...

Very cute box Sharon. I have been wanting this cart for a while. You are definately enabling! LOL!

Diana said...

This is adorable Sharon! I have been wanting this cart for a while. You are definately enabling. :)

Scrapper69 said...

AWESOME Box! LOVE what you did and the info is very helpful if I every decide to make this! I'm sooo lazy! LOL I like the colors and the doodling.... very cute!

Vivi Martínez said...

Sharon this is the cutest little house... It makes me feel like I want to go into it... lovely colors and lovely everything... I don't have that cartridge and thought I didn't need it but now... I should talk with hubby about V's presents...(lol)